Bible Baptist Church was started as a result of Pastor Oscar J. Simmons and Haltom City Baptist Church of Ft. Worth Texas.
Bro. Simmons had a burden for the people of Waxahachie, and set out in the early part of 1949 to scout out the area. After several trips to the city, in the fall of 1950 a house located off the corner of Marvin and Ferris Avenue (where CVS now sits) became the meeting place for this mission work. Almost a year to date, Bible Baptist Church became an organized, Independent Baptist Church in October of 1951 with L.H. Ashcraft as the first Pastor. Within a short time, Bible Baptist purchased the building and property located at 1208 Ferris Avenue from the Assemblies of God University in Waxahachie Texas.
In 2004, God blessed us with our current property and we held our first service in the new building on June 25, 2006. We have seen the Lord do some great things during our existence. Of course the greatest have been the many souls that have been wonderfully saved and transformed by God's grace.